Thursday 30 July 2015

Out in the open air this summer...

So, while we had the lovely weather (it was nice while it lasted at least) I thought to try my hand at improving my water colour painting skills. Some were done at the location, others in the studio.This is how it went...

A Lake in Bushy Park, ©alisonmoonillustration 2015

From the Lido Key Dorset, Florida ©alisonmoonillustration 2015


 So all in all, good fun. I'd like to think I've improved over the last couple of months anyway. In particular, I think water colour can be a tricky medium to get a hang of - for every painting I've done there have been just as many mistakes (sometimes more...)

This one, for instance took three tries. But I didn't actually write that!




Ringling House, ©alisonmoonillustration 2015



Trail to a medieval village, Yorkshire Wolds©alisonmoonillustration 2015


Spanish Moss, ©alisonmoonillustration 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment